My (bad?) habit of outgrowing people

 


I tend to absorb the personalities of people I Am around... Because I appreciate their other qualities and ignoring the flaws...
This is highly risky because I am constantly around people, I don't know.
Some temporary, some permanent (yet undiscovered).
So the thing is that I can catch a bad habit/attitude like a common cold...

 
What do we do when we are diagnosed with a problem? 

We take medicine. But by the time I can diagnose the problem, it sometimes gets too late. Still, curable though, but, with bitter and more potent medicine.

The Effect: The Person becomes Just a Normal Human Being...it just exists for me.
Not like that person becomes my enemy or something, just that he becomes someone I will miss talking to, dearly, but the subconscious mind won't allow me. I will not like to even hit a small talk or a morning greeting then.

It's interesting how a person can lose all his character and respect from my mind with just a second thought over his rude/unwelcoming behavior. They just have to treat me like shit once, without a (solid) reason, and puff... They lose me.
I have heard a common statement :
“People change”

 But I prefer my version of it...

“ People don't change, they just reveal their true nature, it is you, who took a shallow and hasty misjudgment"

 
I don't know if it's a common phenomenon or not but this is how it goes for me when I meet a stranger:


1. I greet them, start a small talk.
2. Make them comfortable with topics they are used to talking about.
3. Wait for their response, and judge whether their level of reciprocation is worth my time or not...
4. If yes, I include them in my acquaintance list.
5. I follow up with them after some time, again depending upon their level of reciprocation, add them to my good acquaintance list.
6. But after a while, thinking over my choices and revisiting that small talk...I feel childish. And tell my self, — you can do better.

I repeatedly admire the thought behind this Kota factory dialogue: 

"Dosti koi revision thodi na hai, jo karni hi hai."
(In my mind) It weirdly relates to what I am trying to say.

I don't know if it is a healthy habit of not. I just know that it helps to keep my personality distinct.

Comments

Popular Posts